We have an opening for a postdoc in the NCN MAESTRO Crossing Frontiers in electricity prIce forecasTing (CrossFIT) project in one of the world’s top research teams 😉
Remuneration: 120,000 PLN per annum before tax
Contract for: 24 months
Employment from: 1 April 2022 (possibility of delaying the start)
Deadline for submissions: 28 February 2022, 11:59 pm
- Ph.D. degree in economics, finance, management, computer science, mathematics or physics, obtained no more than 7 years prior to the year of employment in the project.
- Practical knowledge of forecasting methods (statistical and/or machine learning) and ability to implement these methods in Matlab, R or Python. Programming skills in C++, Java or Scala, as well as practical knowledge of cloud computing and deep learning additionally appreciated.
- Good command of English.
- Proven academic record:
- Minimum three published or accepted for publication (DOI number required) articles in journals with IF>1. Articles on forecasting will be an added value.
- Minimum three conference talks or posters presented at international conferences/workshops by the time of employment.
- Willingness to participate in a minimum of four short (up to 7 days) trips abroad per year, financed from the project and related to dissemination of project results.
Additionally, the candidate must meet the requirements of the NCN competition for the post-doc position, in particular:
- PhD degree obtained not earlier than 7 years before the year of employment in the project. This period does not include breaks related to maternity/paternity/child care leave, granted under the rules set out in the Labour Code, or receiving sick pay or rehabilitation benefits in connection with inability to work, e.g. due to illness requiring medical rehabilitation. In the case of women, the indicated 7-year period may be extended by 18 months for each child born or adopted. A woman may choose a more favorable way of indicating breaks in her scientific career.
- During the period of receiving remuneration in the project the Postdoc will not be employed on the basis of any other employment contract, including with an employer having its registered office outside the territory of Poland.
Description of tasks: see the Crossing Frontiers in electricity prIce forecasTing (CrossFIT) webpage.
Submit your documents by e-mail to Rafal.Weron@pwr.edu.pl.
For the original announcement visit the NCN web page (in Polish).